Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
Whether you’re considering aged care options for your own needs, or helping someone close to you, aged care is a complex area and needs careful thought. For example, how will you afford the upfront costs and ongoing care? Will this affect your tax? How will self-funded and part-pension retirees be affected by the Government’s Living Longer Living Better legislation changes?
We can develop aged care strategies that will:
- Ensure your up-front costs don't have unintended Centrelink consequences or reduce your chances of being accepted into your preferred facility
- Minimise the ongoing fees you pay
- Tailor your investments so you access or retain benefits, like the seniors health card
- Identify tax offsets, like the low income, seniors and net medical expense offsets
- Help you decide whether you should keep or sell the family home
- Identify what assets should be left to your estate.
When our mother went into aged care, we were concerned about the fees she was going to pay and the benefit she would receive from Centrelink. Platinum Strategies was able to provide us with a strategy that not only reduced her income test fees but maximised her age pension. We could not have hoped for a better outcome and all our worries have been relieved. – D Balasso (Business Owner and Retired Psychiatrist)